Monday, April 25, 2016

What Memories are Made of

This past weekend was great. We had such a great time as a family and made some wonderful memories. When I thought about having children, these were the weekends I fantasized about. Although date night looks incredibly different these days, I wouldn't change it for the world!

On Saturday morning we did a make-up music class as the girls have been sick a lot. It's rare that daddy gets to join in this fun, and it was so nice to go all together. Clara loved having daddy to dance with for a change. After music we went home for lunch and naps. When the girls woke from their naps we went to the bowling alley for the first time. It was so fun watching them bowl. From rolling the ball to watching the pins fall and cheering for each other, it was all so much fun. I think the girls liked the ball return the most and would clap and cheer when the ball returned. It was just so cute and funny. After bowling we went into Skaneateles for dinner at a favorite family friendly restaurant. As W rounded up the girls I got us milkshakes for the ride home. It was all so much fun. After the girls went down for the night W and I hung out on the couch and watched a movie on Netflix. I actually stayed away for the whole thing which is quite rare!



Sunday morning we had a nice breakfast at home and then headed to Build-a-Bear to cash in some gift certificates the girls got for their birthday. Lucy picked an Ariel bear and Clara picked the dog from Paw Patrol. They picked some accessories for them and we were grateful for the gift certificates as they are pricey! The girls love their animals and napped with them later at my in-laws house. While L & C napped, W and I ran errands to Trader Joe's and Wegmans for our shopping for the week. It was so nice to have it done and over with when we got home later that afternoon. Stella rode in the shopping cart for the first time and loved it. We also got to check out our new Honda Odyssey van my FiL got at the auction for us. I can't wait until it's on the road later this week. 
Everyone brought their carseat and baby

First time in the shopping cart!

Our new van!!

Although nothing super special happened this past weekend, it was one of those weekends I never want to forget. W and I got along and communicated great, the girls behaved so well, and overall W and I felt like a well oiled machine in our outings. There was no asking him to grab certain things or prompting him to start working on something. No being disappointed he forgot to grab important things or feeling like I was doing the brunt of the work. He anticipated so well and helped a lot and remained so patient the whole time. It just felt so great to work together so well all while enjoying some quality family time. 

2 comments: