Thursday, June 16, 2016

Stella 8 Months

I can't believe my baby is 8 months old already (well, 8 1/2 practically at this point, but oh well).

Stella,
You are such an excited, adorable, and exuberant little girl. You want to do everything your sisters do and giggle like crazy when they play with you. You're rolling all over the place and scooting backwards so never are in the same place I left you. You LOVE food and will eat anything we offer you. There are nights where I swear you eat more than your sisters. We are doing mainly baby led weaning with some purees. You just love it all! Initially you had a hard time with pureed foods, but you've definitely got it down now. You are still nursing 4-5 times a day and a couple times a night. You cut your first tooth and sleep went seriously down hill. We need to get your daddy on board for some self-soothing before you forget how to sleep without my boob in your mouth. You're still a little peanut at about 13.6 pounds but are wearing mostly 6-12 month clothes now. You have a really close relationship with your sister Lucy and I can tell how much you look up to her already. A lot of your mannerisms are like hers already. You also do the "butt bumping" as we called it for Lucy and flap and flail your arms and hands like a wild woman. I can tell how much you love your sisters company as when you're alone you're so much fussier. You really miss them when you have to go places with just mommy, especially in the car. This month you finally starting babbling some other sounds like "mamama". It's usually only when you're upset or sad, but at least it's not "dadadada" all the time anymore. You love your bath and splash and kick like crazy. This month brought your first ear infection and I'm amazed it took so long with fluid just sitting in your ears. I'm so excited for you to get tubes and to be able to hear well (hopefully). Life is so amazing with you in it! I just love you so much!





















4 comments: